MKTG 3005 Incubator 6: Funding and Start-up
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301171
Coordinator Anton Bogdanovych Opens in new window
Description This unit investigates various funding opportunities that might be suitable for your business concept through a number of theoretical topics, such as: possible funding sources including venture capitalists and angel investors, joint venture funding, pitching your ideas. The unit is structured into a number of modules. Further, as activities associated with this unit, students would have to actively seek and secure funding for the start-up.
School Computer, Data & Math Sciences
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
- Analyse pros and cons of various funding options
- Develop a pitch to a possible financier
- Apply individual�fs skills and knowledge in a collaborative and effective manner in achieving a common goal in a group setting
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills that appeal to a wide audience
- Demonstrate resilience when faced with probable disappointing rejections from financiers
2. Venture capitalist market
3. Bank loans
5. Joint venture funding
6. How to pitch your idea to possible financier
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Report – Detail analysis of possible funding; opportunities identifying various pros and cons associated with each one of them; Group (5 student per group)||1500 words||30||N||Group|
|Presentation – A sales pitch to the possible financiers; Group (5 student per group), marked individually||20 mins||45||N||Group|
|Reflective Report – Detailed analysis of success and failures achieved in seeking funding||1500 words||25||N||Individual|
2022 Semester 1
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Anton Bogdanovych Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.