EART 7001 Advanced Hydrogeology
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301014
Coordinator Ataur Rahman Opens in new window
Description This unit covers occurrence of groundwater, groundwater movement, groundwater hydraulics, water wells, quality of groundwater, groundwater modelling and groundwater management. The objectives of this unit are to enable students to learn the associated concept of groundwater and apply the learnt concepts in solving groundwater problems in advanced engineering practice.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program
- Apply knowledge of groundwater movement, groundwater hydraulics and water wells to solve hydrogeological problems.
- Apply groundwater quality modelling techniques.
- Evaluate groundwater pollution and management problems.
- Analyse groundwater modelling and exploration techniques.
- Evaluate current Australian codes and software to solve groundwater problems.
- Critically evaluate current literature to benchmark recent problems and developments in groundwater engineering practice.
- Design sustainable groundwater engineering projects.
2. Groundwater movement
3. Groundwater and well hydraulics
4. Water wells
5. Groundwater levels and environmental influences
6. Quality of groundwater
7. Pollution of groundwater
8. Management of groundwater
9. Groundwater modelling
10. Groundwater investigation
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Intra-session exam||1 hour||25||N||Individual|
|Final examination||2 hours||45||N||Individual|
2022 Semester 2
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Ataur Rahman Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.