NURS 7042 Research Project in Health Care
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 401084
Coordinator Evan Atlantis Opens in new window
Description This is a 20 credit point year-long subject taken over two terms (10 credit points in each term). This subject will assist in the further development and maintenance of research culture in health care, and thus enhance the implementation of evidence-based practice. This subject is designed to assist students in applying their research knowledge and skills and provides them with the opportunity to undertake an independent research project and write a dissertation. It is recommended that students interested in undertaking this subject first complete Applied Research in Health Care (NURS 7004) and Ethics in Health Research (NURS 7022) where the dissertation topic will be identified and students will be allocated a supervisor.
School Nursing & Midwifery
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Pre-requisite(s) Students in the Master of Child Family Health (Karitane) Master of Nursing or Master of Mental Health Nursing must complete NURS 7004 Applied Research in Health Care AND NURS 7022 Ethics in Health Research before enrolling in this unit
Students in the Master of Primary Health Care must pass NURS 7022 Ethics in Health Research before enrolling in this unit
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program and have successfully completed 60 credit points at Level 7.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Critically reflect on, evaluate and synthesise information from previous research
- Create a critical, coherent and succinct argument that justifies the need for the proposed research
- Plan and ethically conduct an independent research project
- Generate further knowledge related to a specific program of research
- Produce a written dissertation of publishable standard
- Searching The literature
- writing A literature Review
- enhancing Scholarly writing
- disseminating research findings
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Critical Literature Review||3,500 words||35||N||Individual|
- There is no essential textbook.