MKTG 2004 International Marketing Research
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200374
Coordinator Aila Khan Opens in new window
Description This subject aims to provide students with tools to undertake and critically evaluate simple international marketing research projects. It covers basic marketing research concepts and statistical techniques with emphasis on the impact of the international environment in conducting both primary and secondary data research.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Pre-requisite(s) MATH 1030 AND
MKTG 1006 AND
An understanding of the basic principles of marketing, international business and statistics.
- Identify the information needs of international marketing managers;
- Evaluate and access secondary sources of information about international trade and foreign markets;
- Assess and apply relevant research concepts, tools and techniques;
- Use a statistical package to analyse survey data;
- Formulate and implement research designs that are appropriate for specific international marketing research problems;
- Use research results to solve international marketing problems.
- international marketing research process
- secondary data research in international marketing
- international marketing research design issues
- survey research
- scale development and questionnaire design for multi-country surveys
- basic data analysis
- basic statistical techniques
- application of statistical techniques using SPSS
- interpretation of data analysis results
- report writing