DESN 3006 Graphic Design: Developing a Personal Portfolio
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102276
Coordinator Daniel Johnston Opens in new window
Description This unit focuses on the development of your industry orientated practice and personal portfolio development. Throughout the previous core units and unit pairings you will have developed particular skills and interests that are beginning to define your design practice and your portfolio. The briefs set in this unit offer you the opportunity to specialise further and to develop your portfolio and will, where possible, include live briefs and competitions. You will continue to refine and develop your visual language, material and digital skills, and continue to develop as an independent learner. The unit will culminate in an industry event, where students will have the opportunity to get their portfolios critiqued by design industry representatives.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Restrictions Successful completion of 160 credit points in currently enrolled program.
- Generate creative and appropriate solutions to design briefs that are executed to industry standards
- Critique and evaluate your own work in order to develop a design portfolio and a body of work suitable for exhibition
- Define your specific disciplinary interests within the broad field of contemporary visual communication
- Employ an independent approach to learning and your design practice.
- all seminar discussions will be conducted via ZOOM.
- Workshops have been modified for online delivery.
- all presentations will be conducted via ZOOM.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Applied Project : Design Prototype||Visual work equivalent 2,500 words||50||N||Individual|
|Portfolio : Portfolio Package||Visual work equivalent 1,500 words||30||N||Individual|
2022 Semester 2
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Daniel Johnston Opens in new window