BLDG 4013 Work-Integrated Learning in Construction Leadership
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301433
Coordinator Sepani Senaratne Opens in new window
Description In this subject, students will engage in project-based learning related to Construction Leadership within an industry framework. Students will select a project with an agreed industry partner to develop any of the following managerial and leadership skills in construction settings: organisation management and applications, strategic management, change management, corporate social responsibility, human resource management, knowledge management and organisational resilience. This subject contributes towards the skills required for a work-ready graduate and allows the student to plan, undertake and report on a specific aspect of practice in the context of work.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Building Construction Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 4 subject
Students must be enrolled in 3782 Bachelor of Construction Management Advanced (Honours) AND have applied and selected by a partner organisation before enrolling in this subject.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Manage various aspects of a project related to Construction Leadership, including planning and implementation, to produce agreed deliverables that align with feedback
- Conduct research on the theoretical basis of the selected construction leadership project demonstrating ethical, digital and information literacy
- Reflect on the learning and professional development achievements related to the selected construction leadership project
- Apply communication and collaboration skills through the selected construction leadership project and the workplace
- Adapt to change, uncertainty and challenges with innovative and justifiable solutions for the industry
- Demonstrate leadership capability and professional development in carrying out the WIL based project
Students will learn any of the following construction leadership practices along with relevant theoretical knowledge through research:
-organisation management and applications,
-corporate social responsibility,
-human resource management,
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|15 minutes (each)
|3000 words portfolio with 5 minutes video
Subject Contact Sepani Senaratne Opens in new window