ENGR 3030 Specialisation Workshop 2
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301439
Coordinator Fidelis Mashiri Opens in new window
Description This subject is designed to further enhance technical skills development in a team environment and in an engineering discipline through additional workshops that compliment and strengthen those completed in previous subject Specialisation Workshop 1. The subject enables students to perform and manage the practical aspects that relate to product development, manufacturing, infrastructure development and service delivery. It also enables students to gain skills to plan, communicate, operate and manage workshops, laboratory settings and work sites while working in a team environment.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Engineering and Related Technologies, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Pre-requisite(s) ENGR 3029
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Design engineering solutions by applying engineering fundamental principles, methods and tools to real world problems
- Apply project management and engineering procedures and processes for engineering solution development and delivery
- Implement safe work procedures in workshops, laboratory settings and work sites and in discussion with peers and the facilities team
- Demonstrate collaboration skills in managing teamwork and team projects with respect for diversity and inclusiveness to achieve project outcomes
- Communicate concepts, solutions and project outcomes clearly and ethically in a range of formats
Civil and Construction Engineering:
1.Civil and Construction Plant Operations
2.Infrastructure Construction and Maintenance (Roads, Bridges, Pipes, etc.)
3.Supply Industry Operations
Electrical and Robotics & Mechatronics:
1.Electrical Systems Engineering
2.Switchgear and Control gear
3.Outdoor Power Equipment Technology
Mechanical and Robotics and Mechatronics:
1.Electrical machinery, mechanical principles and mechanical equipment
2.Refrigeration and Air-conditioning
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Short Answer||Approx. 1000 words or equivalent||20||N||Individual|
|Practical||Approx. 1000 words or equivalent (per submission)||40||N||Individual|
|Presentation||15 minutes, Group Presentation||15% (5 (I), 10 (G))||N||Both (Individual & Group)|
|Report||Approx. 3000 words or equivalent||25% (5 (I), 20 (G))||N||Both (Individual & Group)|