BUSM 2024 Incubator 2: Start-up Essentials
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301206
Coordinator Anton Bogdanovych Opens in new window
Description There are unavoidable legal situations and ethical dilemmas in all professions. As an entrepreneur, facing these legal and ethical circumstances is much more formidable. This subject aims to prepare students to understand the legal and ethical landscape that applies to start-up (or any) organisation. As such, subject aims to cover the topics such as: creating a business plan, negotiating employment contracts, etc. The subject will be delivered through a number of modules. As an integral part of the subject, students are expected to engage and work in "start-up co-working space" on a regular basis. At the successful completion of this subject, students would have developed a thorough understanding of the local and international legal and ethical landscape within which modern start-up organisations operate.
School Computer, Data & Math Sciences
Discipline Business Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Equivalent Subjects BUSM 2023 - Incubator 2 Legal and Ethical Setting of Entrepreneurship
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Develop a disruptive hypothesis for a business opportunity;
- Develop multiple business model options using lean start-up tools;
- Validate business models in the market using customer development and manual testing tactics;
- Understand rapidly prototyping products to validate a customer solution; and
- Adapt and create business models when core ideas are not validated in the market.
1. Business opportunity discovery, evaluation and exploitation in all phases of the start-up lifecycle (formation, growth, restructuring, succession)
2. Entrepreneurial thinking & lean approach
3. Lean principles
4. Idea validation
5. Commercialising business ideas
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Case Study||800 words||30||N||Individual|
|Case Study||Case Study - 1,500 words or Venture Makers Innovation Challenge - 7 minute self-reflection video||30||N||Individual|
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Anton Bogdanovych Opens in new window