LANG 3098 Indonesian 304
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102776
Coordinator Anna Nettheim Opens in new window
Description This is an advanced (Level 3) unit in the Indonesian Specialisation, which can be undertaken following on from Indonesian 202, 301, or 302 as well as by students with sufficient language skills due to Indonesian or Malay background. The unit further develops students' Indonesian academic language skills by focusing on language resources in various genres appropriate for academic purposes. Students will be exposed to a range of academic texts and related online materials to support the development of academic Indonesian skills.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Equivalent Subjects LANG 3042 - Indonesian 304 Contemporary Indonesia
Successful completion of Indonesian 202 OR Indonesian 301 OR Indonesian 302 OR Equivalent (for example HSC Indonesian with high grades), Native Background and Previous Study in Indonesian or Malay.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the social and cultural diversity of modern Indonesian society;
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of Indonesian and its sociolinguistic role in modern Indonesia;
- Communicate at an advanced level using the Indonesian language;
- Apply general knowledge about Indonesian culture and society to learn and interpret information in the context of effective communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced grammatical and stylistic structures in different genres of Indonesian academic writing.
Grammar materials and exercises.
Online materials such as news articles related to the subject themes.
Sumber Daya Alam dan Ekonomi Indonesia
Dampak Pariwisata di Bali
Perang Milik Budaya Indonesia dan Malaysia
Relationships between two or more people or things
Hari Bela Negara
Cognitive framework of language users
- Additional topical material as provided by The teacher and sourced by students
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Summaries/Short answer: Five summaries of unit Readings and four Practice writing and translation tasks||1,000 words equivalent||20||N||Individual|
|Essay: Two short writing tasks||500 words each (20% each)||40||N||Individual|
|Translation Task||350 words||20||N||Individual|