ENGR 2031 Management Practices for Engineer Associates (WSTC AssocD)
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 700307
Coordinator Bader Unnisa Mehdi Opens in new window
Description This unit will enable students to support the achievement of organisational goals. The unit's major focus is project management, culminating in a practical project which gives students the opportunity to work as part of a team to apply key project management skills and knowledge. It also introduces some of the management practices engineers need to understand and master in order to work effectively in the field. This includes effective communication, especially when working in a team, work health and safety, and an ability to plan, develop and build a career as an Engineer Associate.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Other Engineering And Related Technologies
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled at The College in 7022 Associate Degree in Engineering
- Identify and use appropriate criteria to reflect on career development pathways in engineering.
- Apply ethical and sustainable engineering principles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of workplace health and safety.
- Analyse and apply engineering project management principles, tools and procedures in an engineering project.
- Communicate professionally and effectively as part of a team.
- Effective study and workplace communication skills.
- Sustainable engineering and ethics in engineering.
- Managing workplace health and safety.
- Fundamentals of project management.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Quizzes||10 multiple choice questions per quiz||20||N||Individual|
|Reflections||300 words each||25||N||Individual|
|Professional Task||1,000 words||25||N||Individual|
|Applied Project||500-750 words per student||30||N||Group|
Nirimba Education Precinct
Subject Contact Bader Unnisa Mehdi Opens in new window