BUSM 2048 Sports Marketing
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Jess Richards Opens in new window
Description Sports marketing refers to promoting goods and services through sporting events and the endorsement of athletes and sports teams. For any sports organisation, it is imperative to have an effective sports marketing strategy in place to build brand awareness, enhance customer loyalty and generate revenue. Companies in sports use marketing strategies to fulfil their goals, such as attracting more junior players, involving parents, increasing the company's public profile, entertaining spectators, acquiring sponsorships, and securing broadcasting rights deals. Students in this subject will learn general marketing knowledge and theories relevant to the sports industry, such as sponsorship, endorsements, customer experience, pricing and operations.
Discipline Business and Management, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
- Examine sports marketing strategies and the role of marketing in promoting sport nationally and globally.
- Apply marketing theoretical frameworks and concepts to the unique factors and characteristics of the contemporary sport industry.
- Analyse market data sources necessary to understand the effectiveness of a marketing campaign
- Identify the evolution of sports marketing from a production, product, and sales focus.
- Investigate the unique nature of sports marketing and the various stakeholders who make up the sport industry
- The unique nature of sports marketing
- Sports markets and stakeholder engagement
- Sports consumers and fan typologies
- Market segmentation and target marketing within the sports industry
- Managing and promoting a sports brand
- Sponsorship, corporate partnerships and the role of game-day activations
- Different modes of sales and service in the sports industry
- Value of market analytics for the sport industry
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|1000 words equivalency
|2500 words equivalency
|20 minutes (per Quiz)
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Jess Richards Opens in new window