NATS 3032 Medical Science Project
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 300892
Coordinator Bill Price Opens in new window
Description Students will undertake a short research project specific to the field of Medical Science. This will involve undertaking a review of the literature and generating appropriate hypotheses that will subsequently be tested and analysed. Findings will be presented orally and as a written manuscript.
Discipline Medical Science
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 6140 - Biomolecular Science Project NATS 3039 Science Research Project
Students must be enrolled in 3577 Bachelor of Medical Science, 3673 Bachelor of Medical Science, 3674 Bachelor of Medical Science (Nanotechnology) or 3682 Bachelor of Medical Science (Advanced). Successful completion of 80 credit points at Level 2 or 3.Students must have a GPA of 5.5 or above.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Analyse literature relevant to a specific issue in medical science.
- Generate hypotheses and plan appropriate methods for testing.
- Gather and analyse scientific data.
- Communicate work in appropriate written and oral scientific formats.
- Justify methodological approach, and interpretation of findings to a scientific audience.
There is no formal content for this subject as the projects undertaken will vary according to the expertise of staff and interests of the students.
Students will choose project topics in consultation with academic staff and with the oversight of the subject Coordinator and Director of Academic Program.
1. Identification of project
2. Literature search and review
3. Development of research aims
4. Preparation of a risk assessment in the appropriate format
5. Conduction of research work
6. Preparation of a research report
7. Presentation of a poster
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Literature Review||Max 2000 words||20||N||Individual|
|Oral Presentation||20 mins||20||N||Individual|
|Written Report on Project||3000-5000 words approx||40||N||Individual|