GEDU 0014 Tertiary Study Skills in Social Science (Policing) (WSTC Prep)
Credit Points 0
Legacy Code 700175
Coordinator Mona Shrestha Opens in new window
Description This unit is designed to assist students to become successful independent reflective learners. It introduces students to a range of theories and concepts to facilitate the development of practical skills and personal attitudes necessary for success in tertiary study.
School Western Sydney The College
Discipline Learning Skills Programs
Student Contribution Band
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 0 Preparatory subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled at Western Sydney University, The College.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge about the theory and practise of what constitutes an successful independent reflective learner in tertiary education
- Access and explore tertiary education and to make informed choices about the future direction of their education
- Communicate ideas and information in a style appropriate to an academic setting
- Use improved interpersonal skills to become effective group members and develop a peer support network
- Locate and use appropriate educational technologies
2. Variety of tertiary learning strategies
3. WSTC Policies and Procedures
4. Higher education culture
5. Time management, managing conflicting priorities
6. Strategies for studying in your course
7. Factors influencing student success
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.