ENGR 2009 Engineering Management for Engineer Associates (WSTC AssocD)
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 700109
Coordinator Bader Mehdi Opens in new window
Description The unit will provide the knowledge and skills to enable students to support the achievement of organisational goals through applying knowledge of environment and internal culture. The unit evaluates planning processes and goal setting to achieve superior performance and compares alternative approaches to motivation of work team members. Students will consider types of managerial communications and their associated communications channels in achieving best professional practice.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 7022 Associate Degree in Engineering
- Manage, integrate and control project time, cost, quality and safety and health.
- Prepare for project activity planning, time scheduling and project budget.
- Allocate and balance resources, labour and cash flow within time and cost constraints.
- Monitor and control the execution of a project.
- Perform contract and job-site administration.
1. Introduction to project management (Kloppenborg, 2009)
2. Project selection and prioritization (Kloppenborg, 2009)
3. Organizational capability: structure, culture and roles (Kloppenborg, 2009)
4. Defining scope and constructing work breakdown structures (WBS) (Kloppenborg, 2009)
5. Scheduling projects 1: network technology (Kloppenborg, 2009)
6. Scheduling projects 2: Gantt Chart and MS Project (Kloppenborg, 2009)
7. Resourcing projects 1: Resource allocation (Kloppenborg, 2009)
8. Resourcing projects 2: Compress the project schedule (Kloppenborg, 2009)
9. Budgeting projects 1: cost planning and cost estimating (Kloppenborg, 2009)
10. Budgeting projects 2: cost budgeting and cost control (Kloppenborg, 2009)
11. Project supply chain management (Kloppenborg, 2009)
12. Determining project progress and results Project control (Kloppenborg, 2009)
13. Job-site administration (Gould and Joyce, 2009)
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Assignment – Report||2,000 words||30||N||Individual|
|Online Quizzes x 10||30 minutes each||20||N||Individual|
|Final Exam||2 hours||50||N||Individual|
- Gould, F. and Joyce, N. (2009). Construction Project Management (3rd ed.). New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc.
- Kloppenborg, T.J. (2009). Contemporary Project Management. USA: South-Western Cengage Learning.
2022 Quarter 3
Nirimba Education Precinct
Subject Contact Bader Mehdi Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.