WELF 7017 Integrated Project
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102398
Coordinator Hong-Jae Park Opens in new window
Description Students will integrate theory and practice in social work through the development of a work-based project related to their organisational context or area of specialisation. The project will be negotiated with an academic advisor and be underpinned by concepts of community engagement/service learning. This project will be concurrent with the field placement and will allow students to plan, undertake and report on a specific aspect of practice in the context of work.
School Social Sciences
Discipline Social Work
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Co-requisite(s) WELF 7022
Students must be enrolled in 1792 Master of Social Work (Qualifying)
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate engagement in a sustained critical reading program in their chosen area;
- Analyse and map the issues and connections between theory, research and practice in a chosen specialty;
- Demonstrate capacity to plan and undertake a social work project;
- Critically reflect on relationships between theory, research and practice in their area of specialisation;
- Evaluate and present their work;
- Show evidence of reflexive practice.
Advanced literature searching
Fundamentals of practitioner research
Ethics of research and professional practice
Plan, undertake and report on a specific aspect of practice in the context of work
Investigation methods and techniques related to project plans
Preparing written project reports
Preparing and presenting project
Undertaking higher order reflective practice
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Project development plan||1,000 words||35||N||Individual|
|Reflective Journal||500 words||15||N||Individual|
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Hong-Jae Park Opens in new window