ACCT 2004 Intermediate Financial Accounting
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200536
Coordinator Michael Wilson Opens in new window
Description This unit extends the knowledge and understanding of financial accounting through the application of problem solving to selected entities drawing upon accounting theory and critical analysis.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Pre-requisite(s) ACCT 1007
Equivalent Subjects ACCT 3008 - Financial Accounting Issues LGYA 9763 - The Anatomy of Financial Accounting
Incompatible Subjects LGYB 3531 - Advanced Financial Accounting LGYB 8985 - Financial Accounting 3
Sufficient grasp of introductory accounting to competently prepare external financial statements.
- Recall the nature of, analyse and apply basic accounting theory;
- Recall the elements of the international accounting conceptual framework;
- Apply the conceptual framework and accounting standards to account for different types of transactions;
- Appraise the usefulness of information in accounting reports for decision making purposes.
- development and evaluation of accounting Standards and conceptual frameworks
- Critical analysis of The historical cost accounting system
- Accounting for assets, liabilities and owners' equity and presentation in financial statements
- accounting for revenues and expenses and presentation in financial statements
- construction of A statement of comprehensive income
- Loftus, J. Leo, K J. Picker, R. Wise, V. Clark, K., (2012), Understanding Australian Accounting Standards, 1st edn, John Wiley (or latest edition thereof)