MKTG 7012 International Marketing
Legacy Code 51012
Coordinator Farid Ahmed Opens in new window
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Understand international marketing management concepts
- Appreciate the additional complexity in the conduct of marketing overseas caused by environmental factors in the international domain.
- Apply marketing research and strategy development concepts in the international domain.
- Identify and evaluate international marketing opportunities.
- Design international marketing strategies that are financially sound and actionable.
Introduction and Overview
- introduction to international Marketing
- The Marketing paradigm in A Global context
- globalisation from A macro and Micro perspective
- Researching international markets
- international Marketing planning
The Global Marketing Environment
- The economic and financial environments
- The political, legal and Regulatory environments
- The social and cultural environments
Creating Global Marketing Strategies
- market entry and expansion strategies
- relationships and Network strategies
- Product decisions
- pricing decisions
- place (channel) decisions
- promotion decisions
- The impact of ethics and environmentalism on international Marketing
- Niche and MNC strategies
- financial resource implications