LANG 3096 Indonesian 302
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102774
Coordinator Anna Nettheim Opens in new window
Description This is an advanced (Level 3) unit in the Indonesian Specialisation. It focuses on the Indonesian language styles and vocabulary appropriate for academic purposes. Students will learn formal language through reading authentic materials, engaging in open discussion, and writing on topics related to contemporary Indonesian society and current issues in an academic manner. Students will develop their formal writing skills in Indonesian and will learn how to discuss academic subjects in a formal style. They will further develop their ability to translate Indonesian and English texts in a formal manner. They will develop skills that will assist them to interpret spoken and written Indonesian texts through exploring ways of building up the specific language required to gain a deeper understanding of any particular topic.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Discipline Southeast Asian Languages
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Equivalent Subjects LANG 3040 - Indonesian 302 Indonesian for Professional Purposes
Successful completion of Indonesian 202 or equivalent.
- Discuss orally and in writing a number of contemporary issues affecting Indonesia;
- Employ specific Indonesian vocabulary in relation to issues of interest, in order to understand Indonesian perspectives on those issues;
- Translate Indonesian language materials effectively into English;
- Understand how function words, new language terms and abbreviations and acronyms are used in Indonesian.
- ter- prefix
- Function words
- New language terms
- Abbreviations and acronyms
- Kehidupan Petani di Indonesia Modern
- Peran TKW dalam Ekonomi Indonesia
- Dunia Maya di Indonesia
- Pelaksanaan Otonomi Daerah
- Contemporary articles related to the theme Lingkungan Hidup
During this subject students will undertake regular conversation practice, listening practice and writing practice relevant to the topic using the unit materials and native language materials sourced online. Students will also undertake some translation practice using the readings and other related materials.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Summaries/Short answer: 5 x brief summaries of readings, 4 x short practice writing and translation tasks||2,000 words equivalent||20||N||Individual|
|Essay: 2 x Indonesian short writing tasks||500 words each (20% each)||40||N||Individual|
|Translation Task||350 words||20||N||Individual|
- Online learning materials made available by Deakin University.