ENGR 7024 Advanced Biomedical Electronics
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301209
Coordinator Gaetano Gargiulo Opens in new window
Description This unit will cover advanced design of biomedical electronic devices including, implanted devices, human-computer-interface, bioinstrumentation and neuromorphic engineering. Topics covered span from the bioelectromagnetism and related applications to regulatory aspects (IEC standards and TGA/FDA approval processes) and electrical safety of instrumentation. This unit will have a strong practical design focus with laboratories and tutorials focused on the design of real instrumentation (including manufacturing) dealing with real biomedical signals.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Biomedical Engineering
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program
General principle of circuits analysis and simulation Electronic amplifiers Principle of Instrumentation and Measurements.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Apply medical diagnostic devices and biomedical technologies
- Assess safety and risks of biomedical technologies
- Apply fundamental principle of bio-electromagnetism to typical biomedical engineering problems
- Design and test biopotential amplifiers in practical case studies
- Design and test physiological sensors
Principle of biomedical electronic and bio-electromagnetism
Medical devices/diagnostics design principles
Electrical safety applied to the field of biomedical engineering
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Professional Task||Four submissions required, see the schedule of activities for due dates||80||N||Individual|
- Webster, JG & Clark, JW (eds) 2010, Medical instrumentation : application and design, 4th edn, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ.
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Gaetano Gargiulo Opens in new window