BEHV 5001 Career Assessment and Counselling
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Steve Cumming Opens in new window
Description This subject introduces students to key psychological theories of career choice and satisfaction before describing the integration of career choice assessment tools and appropriate counselling skills to support evidence based and client-centred career advising. It will provide students with knowledge and skill in career assessment and foundational skill in career counselling.
Discipline Behavioural Science, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 5 subject
Must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
After successful completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- Evaluate major theories of career preference and choice
- Demonstrate appropriate and evidence-based assessment of occupational preference
- Critically reflect upon a career education session
- Theories of occupational choice and preference
- Approaches to career choice assessment
- Introduction to counselling
- Integration of assessment and counselling
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Critical Review||2,000 words||50||N||Individual|
|Professional Task||30 minutes||50||N||Individual|
Subject Contact Steve Cumming Opens in new window