BLDG 1012 Property Development Controls
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200435
Coordinator Za Manaf Opens in new window
Description Property Development Controls provides students with an understanding of the property planning process from both a State government and Local government perspective. The unit will cover the areas of planning instruments, planning process, property development control issues and planning applications. The unit will also address the areas of the valuation and development impact of planning and environment regulations, with specific reference to the regulatory framework that regulates planning and development in NSW and the impact on the property industry in Australia.
Discipline Building Construction Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 1 subject
Incompatible Subjects ARCH 2003 - Development Control
Restrictions External offerings for this subject are only available to students who are enrolled in a Property program or Major.
- Analyse the role and function of State and Local government authorities in the property development process;
- Explain the development application process for the main property types and the impact of development controls on property;
- Explain the roles of State and Local government in the planning process;
- Evaluate how environmental regulations influence the use and management of property.
Essentials of environmental planning
Development application process
- Farrier, D and Stein, P. 2011 (5th edition) The Environmental Law Handbook: Planning and Land Use in NSW. Thomson Reuters. Sydney.