GEOM 2002 Quantity Surveying 2
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200487
Coordinator Wenchi Shou Opens in new window
Description This subject is designed to provide students with an advanced understanding of the various roles of a quantity surveyor. Students will develop an ability to apply the skills necessary to deliver both pre-contract and post-contract quantity surveying services.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Pre-requisite(s) GEOM 2001 OR
Building construction including residential, light industrial and small commercial as covered in the subjects Building 1, Building 2 and Quantity Surveying 1.
- Recognise the abilities and core competencies of the quantity surveyor as stipulated by the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AIQS)
- Measure building works involving multiple trades in accordance with the Australian Standard Method of Measurement of Building Works
- Comment on building depreciation with repect to contract conditions
- Comment on insurance and bonds requirement related to construction field
- Prepare cash flow forecasts for a construction project
- Prepare progress valuation certificates
- feasibility Study - cost-in-use and cost reconciliation
- examine The financial and contractual aspects of construction tenders
- Tax Depreciation
- Progress certificate - valuation of variations, financial statement
- Cash flow forecast and final account
- Insurance and bonds
- Nomination, Assignment, Subletting, Novation and Subcontracting
- Dispute Resolution
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Project - Portfolio (40%) and Group Presentations (20%)||3,000 words||60||N||Both (Individual & Group)|
|Online Final Exam||2 hours||40||N||Individual|