LANG 2021 Indonesian 201
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102319
Coordinator Anna Nettheim Opens in new window
Description This is a Level 2 unit in the Indonesian Specialisation. It introduces students to formal and informal registers of Indonesian and exposes them to relatively complex aspects of Indonesian grammar such as affixes. Students will study the use of spoken language mainly through participation in dialogues and discussion. More formal registers will be studied through reading and writing. Communicative settings will include fields such as health, education, and tourism.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Discipline Southeast Asian Languages
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
102326 Indonesian 102 or introductory level knowledge of basic language skills and general knowledge about ethnic, cultural and linguistic diversity of Indonesia.
- Use key Indonesian grammatical constructions;
- Differentiate between formal and informal registers of Indonesian;
- Demonstrate listening and reading comprehension skills;
- Communicate orally and in writing using various Indonesian constructions;
- Demonstrate awareness of some aspects of Indonesian culture and cultural appropriateness;
- Use the online learning environment for further language study.
- Affixes in Indonesian
- common expressions in everyday situations
- formal and informal Indonesian registers
- formal and informal communication in different settings (healthcare, education, travel, etc.)
There are inherent requirements for this subject that you must meet in order to successfully complete this subject. Make sure you read and understand the requirements for your subject online.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Ongoing Assessment Activities||1000 words equivalent||20||N||Individual|
|2 x Indonesian Writing Tasks||250 words||40||N||Individual|
|2 x Oral Tests||10 mins each||40||N||Individual|