LANG 3044 Indonesian 306: Indonesian Literature
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102332
Coordinator Mustapha Taibi Opens in new window
Description This is an advanced (Level 3) subject in the Indonesian Specialisation, which should ideally be undertaken after Indonesian 301 and Indonesian 302. The subject introduces students to Indonesian literature through a historical review and reading and analysis of samples of literary works. Students will analyse and discuss the stylistic features of the works studied as well as the social and cultural aspects reflected in them.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Discipline Southeast Asian Languages
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Indonesian 301 or equivalent.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of Indonesian literature
- Analyse and discuss Indonesian literature in both writing and speaking
- Identify, analyse and use Indonesian written resources for a small research project or report.
- key Indonesian authors
- Indonesian short stories
- Indonesian novels
- Indonesian literature and Indonesian society
- literary norms and stylistic features
There are inherent requirements for this subject that you must meet in order to successfully complete this subject. Make sure you read and understand the requirements for your subject online.