BLDG 3006 Construction in Practice 1
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 300886
Coordinator Donald Mason Opens in new window
Description This unit is designed to allow the student to gain experience with the complexity of the construction industry by integrating knowledge from earlier units. The unit involves group work on construction planning and management, regulatory control and client liaison required for initiating and completing a residential construction project.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Pre-requisite(s) BLDG 1001 AND
ARCH 1001 AND
Equivalent Subjects BLDG 2008 - Construction in Practice 1
Local Government planning requirements, residential construction details, quantity surveying, contract documentation, site planning.
- Work cooperatively in small groups
- Report and present construction project information in a businesslike and professional manner in meetings with a project client/developer
- Synthesise knowledge gained from previous units for application in a medium sized residential building project
- Fully document a residential construction project including producing working drawings, specifications and details
- Generate estimates and schedules for a medium sized residential building project
- Research and evaluate data on market forces that influence the successful delivery of residential construction projects
- Analyse the requirements for construction site safety programs on residential building projects
- Outline a system for ensuring quality on residential building projects
Bills of quantities
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Client Progress Meetings||Five fortnightly group meetings of twenty minutes duration as scheduled - group||30||N||Group|
|Individual assignment||2000 word report||20||N||Individual|
|Final submission||Written and graphics - full project documentation with specified individual contributions||30||N||Individual|
|Final project presentation (seminar style)||30 min group presentation, individually marked||20||N||Individual|