MKTG 3010 Marketing and Society
Credit Points 20
Legacy Code 200888
Coordinator Jayne Bye Opens in new window
Description This online marketing unit is made up of three key themes. In Social Marketing students examine the nature of social marketing and how the adoption of marketing concepts, frameworks and techniques developed for commercial marketers can be applied to the solution of social problems. Ethics and Marketing considers why ethical conflict occurs in marketing and explores a range of ethical issues that can occur when applying the theory and practice of marketing. In Responsible Business Marketing students will be introduced to the idea that commercial marketing practices can take into account business responsibilities towards society and the environment.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 20cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 2773 Bachelor of Business Administration or any Western Sydney Undergraduate program where permission has been granted by that program's DAP or Academic program Advisor.
- Explain concepts, theories and debates about the roles and responsibilities of marketing in society;
- Apply marketing thinking to health and social behaviour;
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethics and marketing;
- Illustrate an understanding of green and environmental marketing, sustainability, fair trade and ethical consumption;
- Apply and evaluate the relevance of the concepts to a variety of other contexts;
- Synthesise, and critically evaluate arguments and assumptions from a variety of sources and competing perspectives;
- Recognise the limitations of knowledge and research in the area;
- Identify and critically analyse relevant issues involved in responsible social and business marketing;
- Effectively communicate ideas and arguments to relevant audiences;
- Demonstrate self- directed learning and the ability to reflect on development as an independent learner.
- Understanding Consumer behaviour
- social Marketing planning
- situation analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
- market segmentation and targeting
- social Marketing objectives
- The Marketing mix and The service element in social Marketing
- The role of Communications and branding in social Marketing programmes
- The social Marketing Network: moving upstream
- relationship Marketing
- The role of research in social Marketing
- The role of ethics in social Marketing
- Evaluating social Marketing programmes
- On line materials will be supplied through vUWS.