MKTG 2008 Principles of E-Marketing
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200233
Coordinator Hugh Pattinson Opens in new window
Description This subject introduces students to emerging electronic business environments and their implications for the marketing manager. There will be emphasis on how organisations may rethink the ways in which they build relationships directly with customers. Using the Internet as an template for emerging new businesses, students will be introduced to electronic business models, concepts and tools. Students will explore at an introductory level legal, social and organisational issues related to the development of virtual communities and corporations within emerging electronic environments.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and scope of electronic business through analysing electronic business models.
- Be able to describe electronic infrastructure.
- Demonstrate awareness of the contemporary electronic business developments.
- Describe the concepts and development of the internet and the World Wide Web.
- Critically assess, implement and value electronic business models and initiatives.
- Complete a research or business plan project related to electronic business initiatives and activities.
Electronic business models
Designing the customer interface
Market communications and branding
Implementation of e-business initiatives
Metrics, capital infrastructure and financing
Managing customer relationships using information
Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
Legal and ethical issues
Emerging issues within the e-paradigm