JUST 2008 Land Law
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200599
Coordinator Michael Iacono Opens in new window
Description Land Law seeks to give students an understanding and appreciation of the main legal concepts concerning property and interests in land, and of some of the technical rules used in land law, in a way which will be relevant to students development as property professionals. Students who successfully complete this unit will be familiar with and understand the main concepts of land law, be able to relate these concepts one to the other and to the practice of the property profession, and be familiar with the legal terminology relating to these concepts.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYB 9941 - Land Law
Restrictions External offerings for this subject are only available to students who are enrolled in a Property program or field of study.
200184 - Introduction to Business Law.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history and the legal principles that relate to property and interests in land.
- Identify and explain the legal issues that arise in practical problems involving property rights, leasing, ownership and transfer of land.
- Apply legal principles to practical problems involving property rights, leasing, ownership and transfer of land.
- Write effectively and appropriately, displaying clear and logical structure and using accurate grammar and punctuation.
- interests in land
- introduction to Torrens title
- rights to airspace, boundaries, fixtures, encroachments
- native titles
- Easements, restrictive covenants.
- Peter Butt, Land Law (Thomson Reuters, 6th ed, 2010)