DESN 4003 Design Project
Credit Points 20
Legacy Code 101090
Coordinator Lorraine Sim Opens in new window
Description Design Project will provide students with the opportunity to work in a 'real world' context. Students will learn how to construct a meaningful promotional campaign for a socially responsible purpose. The campaign will be based on an identified social or environmental issue, utilizing responsible design practices. Through research and planning, in relation to a set of relevant constraints: such as cultural, social, environmental, site and audience, students will develop a design and communication strategy for the campaign that utilises the appropriate media, message and approach, to address the identified target audience, based on research findings.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Discipline Graphic Design Studies
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 20cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 4 subject
Pre-requisite(s) DESN 1006 OR
Students should have completed two practice-based subject pairings in Design or Communication subjects in Years 1, 2 and 3 of their study, or equivalent.
- Employ independent research and learning strategies.
- Undertake research relevant to the brief, with particular emphasis on the effective critical review of research findings and the translation of these into design strategy and outcome.
- Exhibit a reflective and creative approach to project development and the design process.
- Exhibit effective written, visual and verbal presentation skills.
- Employ their design process and practice in a context that requires sensitivity to, and an awareness of, social and cultural issues.
- Design an appropriate communication strategy for a specific target audience and client.
- The Project will require students to develop An outcome that communicates to A particular audience that will be developed through A number of approaches and methods, and driven by The initial research phase into The issue contained within The brief.
- methods employed at Each stage of The Project will help to develop The students ability to confidently present their ideas and design vision.
- Specific readings will be provided to students relevant to the topic areas being undertaken