BUSM 7077 Preparation for Postgraduate Study in Business
Credit Points 40
Legacy Code 200942
Coordinator Laurel Jackson Opens in new window
Description Preparation for Postgraduate Study in Business complements and extends your prior learning providing advanced preparation in a range of business areas and a foundation for your further postgraduate business studies. An appreciation of the global economy will provide a framework for exploring people and culture as well as managing people in organisations. You will evaluate organisational performance using diverse data and intelligence and by interpreting financial statements. You will also explore essential aspects of financing enterprises and financial markets. This unit will enable you to develop the professional and academic skills necessary for ethical conduct in business and in preparation for advanced study in postgraduate business courses.
Discipline Business And Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 40cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Students must have completed the Postgraduate Qualifying Program having demonstrated competency in all 10 learning modules.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Communicate effectively using Business literacy skills that are suited to audience and context;
- Communicate effectively using verbal skills that are suited to audience and context;
- Collaborate effectively in teams;
- Apply contemporary and detailed business knowledge, critical thinking and problem solving in global business contexts;
- Apply numeracy and information literacy skills to business situations;
- Identify discipline-appropriate cultural issues and make recommendations for Business practice;
- Critically analyse managerial decisions in terms of ethical practice and social responsibility.
- written communication for Postgraduate Study
- interpreting financial statements
- people and culture
- The Global economy
- Ethical enterprise practice
- verbal communication for Postgraduate Study
- enterprise Intelligence
- managing people and Organisations
- innovation and creativity
- fundamentals of finance
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Compendium (Course Work, Individual)||10,000 words||50||Y||Individual|
|Viva Voce (Oral Exam)||1 hour||50||Y||Individual|