BUSM 7044 Information for Business
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200726
Coordinator John Edwards Opens in new window
Description This subject examines the information requirement for effective marketing decisions. The subject explores approaches managers can use to identify information requirements and then to use different financial, environmental and market information. Topics include interpretation of business performance, preparation of marketing forecasts and budget allocations.
Discipline Business And Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 4630 - Marketing Research LGYA 4627 - International Business Research
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Formulate business objectives and identify data needs
- Identify data that is needed for specific decision making.
- Interpret information to make business decisions
- Develop forecasts and budget for marketing activities
What is knowledge?
Nature of marketing decisions
Developing financial, environmental, and market indicators
Evaluating business performance and opportunities
Marketing forecasts and budgets
- Fleisher, C & Bensoussan, B 2007, Business and competitive analysis methods, Wharton School Pub, ACM Online Book Program.