BUSM 7033 Financial Statement Analysis (PG)
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 51214
Coordinator Nicole Ibbett Opens in new window
Description The major sources of information on which to base judgements on borrowing capacity, liquidity, managerial effectiveness, and investment potential remain the financial statements of an organisation. This unit is a result of the claim made by Foster, an authority in the finance field, that developments in the fields of accounting, economics, finance and statistics (as they relate to financial statement analysis) are understood well enough to permit financial statement analysis to be studied intensively.
Discipline Business And Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Students wishing to take this subject as an elective need approval from the program Advisor and must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
Students will have completed an undergraduate program in accounting or a postgraduate financial accounting subject.
1. Understand the role and nature of financial markets and institutions;
2. Develop computational skills for transactions in financial markets;
3. Understand the factors that determine share price, interest rates and exchange rates;
4. Understand major derivative products and their use in financial markets.
Equity market issuers
Equity market investors
Corporate debt markets
Government debt markets
Foreign exchange markets
- Viney, C. & Phillips, P. 2019, Financial Institutions, Instruments And Markets. 9th edn. McGraw Hill.