BUSM 7010 Business Operations Management
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200782
Coordinator Krishnamurthy Ramanathan Opens in new window
Description This unit introduces participants to operations management in a range of organisational and industry contexts. Operations management is an important element of business strategy and integral to both service and manufacturing sectors alike. Students will develop an appreciation of the latest trends in operations management and the applications currently adopted in organisations. They will also learn to apply quantitative techniques for analysing problems and providing recommended solutions. This unit provides an excellent foundation for further specialist study in operations management but also works well for students in general business programs.
Discipline Organisation Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 4461 - Operations Management
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Describe the role of operations management in a range of organisations and institutions.
- Explain the interaction between operations management and other aspects of an organisation (marketing, finance, human resources etc.).
- Apply a variety of quantitative techniques to management problems and interpret the results from a manager�fs perspective.
- Prepare recommendations for the management of the internal operations of an organisation, based on quantitative analysis, marketing considerations, behavioural and political factors, financial considerations and other relevant factors.
- Identify and analyse business situations and feel confident making and implementing management decisions on the basis of their analysis.
Work and staff scheduling