BUSM 3071 Technology Management for Competitiveness
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200668
Coordinator Hilal Hurriyet Opens in new window
Description This contemporary unit provides an understanding of technology management and productivity measurement/improvement concepts aimed to improve the competitiveness of organisations. Students are introduced to a range of tools and techniques to acquire and implement technology and develop productivity improvement programs within global operations and supply chain context. The interaction between technological change and competitiveness (productivity and other performance measurement systems) is also explored. The unit is relevant to managers or technologists with responsibilities for managing technological change
Discipline Business and Management, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 4405 - Productivity and Technology Management
An introductory level of knowledge in operations and supply chain management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental concepts and principles of technology management and productivity and performance management at firm level
- Analyse the impact of technology and technological change on management, productivity and competitiveness of the firm by the analysis of the case studies.
- Evaluate current levels of productivity and performance and effectively contribute to the identification/ development and implementation of appropriate enterprise-level performance measurement systems
- Develop an effective understanding of process of managing technology strategy and global operations simultaneously
- Identify and apply appropriate approaches/ techniques to solve specific productivity and performance related problems at the firm level.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of a variety of quantitative and qualitative techniques and analyse and interpret the results of the analysis to guide and support decision-making process at the firm level
The creation of core technological competencies
Acquiring new technology through research and development
New technology implementation-
Technology management in service organisations