BUSM 3044 Managing Marketing and Finance
Credit Points 20
Legacy Code 200887
Coordinator Jayne Bye Opens in new window
Description This practical online subject is divided into two sections - marketing and finance - which will be studied sequentially. Topics in both sections have been chosen for their relevance to the needs of managers who may not have direct responsibility for either marketing or finance as such, but whose practice will be enhanced by an understanding and application of marketing practices and financial concepts. As students work through activities, problems and solutions, they will come to understand the organisational and wider management context in which they work as well as the constraints, choices and demands that managers need to take into account when making decisions.
Discipline Business And Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 20cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Incompatible Subjects MKTG 3016 - Strategic Marketing Management
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 2773 Bachelor of Business Administration or any Western Sydney Undergraduate program where permission has been granted by that program's DAP or Academic program Advisor.
- Identify a repertoire of marketing concepts, ideas and techniques used in a range of business contexts;
- Apply the skills required for effective marketing to the workplace and/or case study scenarios;
- Analyse the contribution individuals make in helping organisations meet their objectives;
- Identify a repertoire of accounting and finance concepts, ideas and techniques relevant for management decision-making;
- Apply these management concepts, ideas and techniques, where possible, to analyse the financial health of organisations;
- Apply these concepts through problem-solving;
- Develop communication skills to enable students to be confident and knowledgeable when discussing management issues;
- Apply research skills and understanding of theory to workplace based situations;
- Critically evaluate management practices and be able to challenge management ideas and concepts;
- Write and produce management reports that can be understood by a diverse audience.
- Customer satisfaction
- market segmentation
- Understanding and influencing Customer behaviour
- delivering value in exchanges
- The Marketing mix
- The extended Marketing mix for services
- managing Marketing information
- The Marketing plan
- Understanding financial information
- budgets for planning and control
- The practical use of budgets
- Measuring costs in Organisations
- costing products and services
- financial decision making
- financial statements - The income statement and Balance sheet
- The Cash flow statement - Cash flow and Working capital management
- analysis and interpretation of financial statements
- On line materials will be supplied through vUWS.