BUSM 3037 Leadership, Influence and Change B
Credit Points 20
Legacy Code 200885
Coordinator Kalliopi Geronikos Opens in new window
Description This online unit builds on the work completed in Leadership, Influence and Change A. Students further their capacity to identify leadership, influence and change issues in their workplace. The work then focuses on an evidence based inquiry (EBI) report that demonstrates the learning across the two units. This will involve scoping, tightening the focus and then moving into an action phase for the EBI. In this way, the EBI will be the backbone of this unit.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 20cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Pre-requisite(s) BUSM 2027
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 2773 Bachelor of Business Administration or any Western Sydney Undergraduate program where permission has been granted by that program's DAP or Academic program Advisor.
- Evaluate processes of leadership, influence and change within the day-day operations of organisations or other work contexts;
- Draw upon different, and often conflicting, academic ideas in order to develop your own skills and practice of leading and initiating change within the scope of your potential to do so;
- Plan, manage and communicate the processes and outcome of practical, work-based projects that require high-quality inquiry;
- Conduct an evidence based inquiry incorporating processes of data collection and analysis;
- Support the EBI with concepts from the relevant academic literature;
- Reflect on the processes and contributing influences to the production of the EBI.
- leadership and diversity
- Ethical leadership
- resistance to change
- work environment investigation
- scope and confirm The evidence-based inquiry (EBI)
- theories in practice
- using data as evidence
- outcomes and outputs
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Part 1: Link theory and practice to events in the evidence-based inquiry (EBI). Part 2: Reflection on changed perspectives||Part 1: 1,000 words (10%). Part 2: 1,200 words (15%)||25||N||Individual|
|Final EBI report||2,500 words||40||N||Individual|
|Report on personal and professional learning through the EBI||1,750 words||35||N||Individual|
- On line materials will be supplied through vUWS.