BUSM 1005 Developing Effective Performance at Work
Credit Points 20
Legacy Code 200880
Coordinator Jayne Bye Opens in new window
Description This online subject in the Bachelor of Business Administration enables students to put work experience to practical use in the academic study of business and management. It provides an introduction to work-based learning and helps students to develop the study skills needed in higher education. This subject aims to develop skills to improve performance at work - and as such is quite different from many other subjects that are designed around a particular subject. In contrast, this subject provides an opportunity to make decisions about what to learn to improve performance in the workplace.
Discipline Business Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 20cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 1 subject
Students must be enrolled in 2773 Bachelor of Business Administration or any Western Sydney Undergraduate program where permission has been granted by that program's DAP or Academic program Advisor.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Discuss work based learning;
- Design work-based learning projects;
- Reflect on their own work based learning;
- Evaluate experiences and make decisions upon future actions;
- Plan and manage work based learning through the use of work-based learning contracts;
- Effectively communicate learning within chosen work-based learning topics;
- Apply relevant knowledge to analyse a work based issue or problem;
- Engage critically with a range of problems and issues in the workplace in order to provide solutions/outcomes.
- Working life
- work and work based learning
- learning skills from work to Study
- writing skills and reading skills
- The management of learning
- learning contracts
- work based Issues and problems for investigation
- The process of reflection for work based learning
- work based learning and The methods for Critical appraisal
- On line materials will be supplied through vUWS.