BEHV 2007 Internship and Community Engagement
Legacy Code 102212
Coordinator Robert Salama Opens in new window
Student Contribution Band
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Students participating in a NSW Public Health related placement must meet the following Special Legislative Requirements. Students who do not meet these requirements, will not be able to take their placement.
1. National Criminal History Check: Students must have a current (expiring 3 years from date of issue) check valid for their entire program. A valid National Criminal history check must be an Australia wide check, include the student's full name matching their Student ID card and date of birth and not have any offences listed. If a student has a criminal history identified on their check, they must provide a Clinical Placement Authority Card (CPAC) or conditional letter from the NSW HealthShare Employment Screening and Review Unit
International students must additionally have a translated International Police Check or statutory declaration.
2. A NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance letter issued under the category of volunteer valid for their entire program.
3. A current approved first aid certificate valid for their entire program. Approved provider courses can be found at http://training.gov.au.
4. A completed vaccination/immunisation card with all serology results containing expiry dates and currency must be maintained by the student to ensure compliance for their entire course.
5. NSW Undertaking/Declaration form.
6. Completed any additional health forms required (such as NSW Health Code of Conduct, Health Student Undertaking/Declaration and Tuberculosis (TB) Assessment Tool).
7. Relevant Local Health District specific documentation as requested.
Contact your School for further details. Resources are also available on the Placement Hub website.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Placement Proposal||1,000 words||20||N||Individual|
|Professional Placement Performance||1,500 words||40||N||Individual|
|Final Reflection and Presentation||1,000 words and 7 minutes||40||N||Individual|
|Attendance at Workplace||Minimum 60 hours||S/U||Y||Individual|