ACCT 2003 Financial Statement Analysis (UG)
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200582
Coordinator Nicole Ibbett Opens in new window
Description This unit provides a substantial grounding in the theories and practices of financial statement analysis so as to enable the student to make knowledgeable decisions relating to the financial analysis of firms. Topics covered include an overview of financial reporting, income vs cash flows, overview of financial statement analysis, data issues in analysing financial statements, GAAP and income recognition and asset valuation, GAAP and liability recognition and related expenses, GAAP: inter-corporate entities, profitability analysis, risk analysis, pro forma financial statements, valuation using cash flows and valuation using earnings.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Equivalent Subjects ACCT 2002 - Financial Statement Analysis
Successful completion of principles of accounting, finance and business statistics subjects at university level.
- Identify and understand the impact of the prevailing economic and business environment and their effect on a company�fs performance.
- Analyse financial reporting objectives, processes and outcomes.
- Analyse financing, investing, and operating activities.
- Apply financial analysis to assess liquidity, solvency, performance, financial direction and valuation (historical and prospective).
- Have a critical knowledge of the literature relevant to financial statement analysis.
- Relate the financial statement analysis literature to real world situations.
- business strategy analysis
- accounting analysis
- financial analysis
- Prospective analysis